HOW TO RUN A PTA EVENT
4-6 WEEKS PRIOR TO EVENT
- Confirm budget for event with PTA Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Notify KidsCo if their space is needed, or shuttle service is needed.
- If shuttle will be needed, contact Potomac Valley Church for permission to use their lot.
- Compete request for event by completing Special Events Planning Form submit to:
- Submit event information to VP of Communications for advertising*
- Recruit volunteers by contacting the Volunteer Coordinator.
1-3 WEEKS PRIOR TO EVENT
- Assess supplies for the event and shop accordingly.
- Contact Media Specialist (Karina_M_Hirschhorn@mcpsmd.org) and request advertisements on morning news show
- Attend closest PTA meeting to the event to advertise the event and discuss any needs.
WEEK OF EVENT
- Re-confirm availability of school equipment being used (tables, audiovisual, etc.)
- Send reminders to volunteers via email or phone.
- Hold the event.
1-2 WEEKS AFTER EVENT
- Send thank you emails to volunteers.
- Make sure all the PTA supplies are put in proper containers back in the PTA closet.
- Complete and submit the Payment Request Form to the PTA Treasurer with receipts, within 2 weeks of your event.
- Either attend the next PTA meeting to report on the event and how it went or submit a report for the VP of Committees to read and report on your behalf.
*PTA FLYERS: Provide all event information directly to the VP of Communications
(email@example.com), who will obtain flyer approval and distribute flyers via classrooms, PTA newsletter, Friday Flash, and social media. Be sure to provide the following information:
- A contact person and phone or email address.
- Date, location, start and end time of the event.
- Cost, include where to send and in what form to submit the money (checks should be made payable to Cedar Grove PTA). Contact PTA Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find more ways to accept payment.
- Deadline for returning reservations (if applicable).
- Note that parents must accompany and remain with children during the event.